Friday, June 6, 2008

No Nicotine: Day 1

I feel like crap. I'm tired, irritable, depressed, and just generally pissed off at everyone and everything. It's one of the universe's cruelest tricks to make coffee and beer taste so good with cigarettes. I'm trying this cold turkey. Think I might have to trek to Walmart and get the gum or patch. May not be able to do this on my own. My brain is playing tricks on me. Even now, as I finish a sentence I think to myself, "Man it's been a while since I've had a cigarette, I should go have one." Then I think, "Oh yeah, I quit." I have to keep reminding myself that I quit smoking. The last time I tried this, I literally found myself at a gas station counter buying a pack without thinking about it. This is the kind of hold this drug has on my brain. The receptors in my brain made me forget that I quit so they could get their fix. Damn receptors. Damn brain. Damn cigarettes. I'm gonna try real hard to fill my time with Playstation and empty calories so I won't be tempted to smoke. We'll see how that works out.

No comments: